Examples of course topics
- Why Study the Life of Imam Sadeq
- Birth and Titles of Imam Sadeq
- Umayyad Caliphate (Part 1)
- Umayyad Caliphate (Part 2)
- The Fall of the Umayyad Dynasty
- The Rise of the Abbasid Dynasty
- New Challenges in the Abbasid Dynasty
- Struggles with al-Mansour
- Knowledge of the Imam
- Methods of Educating His Students
This course examines the life of Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (a) and his contributions to the Shia school of thought. Despite the great role the Imam played, his life is not often studied in detail. This course begins by looking at the biography of the Imam as well as examining the Muslim community from a historical and sociopolitical perspective during his time. Many of the great scholars of Islam and leaders of different schools of thought were taught by Imam al-Sadiq. As such, students will be introduced to the development of the different schools of thought. A total of 23 lessons were offered in the year 2018-2019. This course is instructed by Sayed Saleh al-Qazwini.
Sayed Saleh studied in the Seminary of Qom from 2006-2013, and he recently completed an MA in Near Eastern Studies from Wayne State University. He also completed a BA in Sociology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is a speaker and lecturer.