Examples of course topics
- Why Is Tafsir Important
- History and Development of Tafsir
- Conditions of an Exegete (Part 1)
- Conditions of an Exegete (Part 2)
- Qur’anic Exegesis through the Qur’an (1)
- Qur’anic Exegesis through the Qur’an (2)
- Qur’anic Exegesis through Hadith
- Timeline of Narrative Exegesis
- Authenticity of Narrative Exegesis
- Authenticity of Narrative Narrations
This course examines the various methods and approaches to the exegesis of the Holy Quran throughout Muslim history. The course sheds light on the key terms used in the field of Quranic exegesis and the differences between them. Students will become familiar with the factors which led to the development of different methods and approaches to understanding the Quran. Students will also be familiarized with the various prominent scholars of Tafsir and their influence on the science of understanding the Quran. A total of 23 lessons were offered in the year 2018-2019. This course is instructed by Sayed Saleh al-Qazwini.
Sayed Saleh studied in the Seminary of Qom from 2006-2013, and he recently completed an MA in Near Eastern Studies from Wayne State University. He also completed a BA in Sociology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is a speaker and lecturer.