Examples of course topics
- Importance of Faith & Need for Religion
- Existence of God and Law of Probability
- Why Is There One God Only
- Attributes of God Knowledge
- Power and Willpower of God
- Emotions and the Attribute of Speech
- Rational Goodness and Evil
- Qadhaa’ and Qadar
- Changes in Divine Will (Badaa')
- The Belief in Angels
This course examines the primary principles of Islamic beliefs, such as the existence of God, the Oneness of God, the Justice of God, free will and predestination, the concept of Bada’, Prophethood, miracles of prophets. Infallibility, the miraculous nature of the Qur’an, the alleged distortions in the Qur’an, Imamate, Shia-Sunni differences, and the Day of Resurrection. A total of 21 lessons were presented in the year 2017-2018. This course is instructed by Sayed Mohammad Baqer al-Qazwini.
Sayed Mohammad Baqer studied ten years at the Seminary of Qom, and he completed a BA in Sociology from the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. He is currently based at the Islamic Institute of America, based in Dearborn Heights, Michigan.